Sunday, October 11, 2009

Looking forward to Lübeck City Run

I’m writing this while the Ironman Hawaii race is going on … go Mitch!

(Photo by Bret Arnett)

Tomorrow, I’ll be running the City Run in Lübeck. As my wife and I have our wedding anniversary on Monday and plan to take a little trip, it’ll be a while before I’ll get to post on the outcome.

The race is in the pretty old part of Lübeck (I’ll try to find a picture for the results post) and it’s add the odd distance of 11.3k. (Don’t know why they didn’t try to find a 10k distance, but whatever.) I ran this race a few years back (2006?) in 49:05 (a bit over 4:20 pace). I’m not sure if I was any fitter that year, but I hope to go at least under 50 minutes (4:25 pace).

My training this week has been going pretty good. I did an interval session on Tuesday where I managed to get some faster k’s in. But still, anything faster than a 10k speed is very hard and I cannot hold it for very long. I can hold a 4:30 for quite a while, but anything faster than a 4:10 just kills me. I’m not sure what it is, my HR is not really that high. On Thursday, I did a tempo run with 5.5k at marathon and half marathon speed with a fast finish tat felt quite comfortable.

I wanted to do a nice easy bike this morning, but it started to rain, I got cold pretty quick and pulled the plug. Still took me a few minutes under the shower to get warm again. Hopefully I didn’t catch a cold. Also, I don’t know what influence tonight’s IM is going to have – it’ll be 3am before I go to bed.

Wonder who’ll have won the IM by then. Chrissie looks like a safe bet for the women, but the men’s race is wide open. Love the IM Live broadcast so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment