Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Slowly getting back on track

imageThe picture in this post is a cool word-art of all the words in my blog’s feed, done on http://www.wordle.net/create. I really like what you can do on this site!

I hope that my knee swelling was nothing more than a little scare. I took a whole week off, but I got more and more movement back. By Saturday, I was so ready to get back to running, but anxious that my knee would act up and I’d have to turn around after a few minutes. Luckily, everything felt okay and I ran for 30 minutes without any problems. On Sunday, I did another 40 minutes, and was quite relieved.

I’m giving myself this week to get back in shape and will not do anything really hard. (Today’s one hour run was quite sufficient to get me tired, thank you.) This will give me about ten hard days (a week and two weekends) to get in shape for Ratzeburg, but at this point I’m just happy if I can continue to train for IM Germany next summer. I’ll reassess what I can do in Ratzeburg after that.

The one thing that really bugs me is that in my frustration I neglected to take care of my nutrition. I’ve also had quite a bit of work to do and went on a business trip on Thursday and Friday. I haven’t gained too much weight (and it’s coming off quickly now that I’m running again), but my weight loss goals for October and probably also for November are out of the window. I'll write my “weighty issues update” next weekend, but I’m already setting things back a bit. Strange how these things take a back seat when other, more important issues are coming up …

For now, being able to run again is the most important thing. I was really missing that feeling of strapping on the shoes and getting some fresh air! Now, if I was only as fast as this guy …

Run Crowie by Craig Alexander.

No comments:

Post a Comment