Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weighty Issues: February 2010 Update

Which is it??? Eat or lose weight??? by Sharon Young.Photo by Sharon Young

One more month gone, time to have another look at my (non-) progress on loosing weight.

Here’s my weigh in in the first days of March:

  • Weight: 88,2 kg (started at 88,3 kg, goal was around 87kg)
  • Body Fat: 17,8% (pretty much where I started)

So on both fronts, apparently I was standing still. In reality, it was more a story of one step forward (seeing 87 point something quite consistently), two steps back (with some bad eating around the middle of the month), and a step forward again. Not good, but it could have been much worse.

Looking back at my “bad days”, it was a combination of a number of things: Some stress at work, a couple of birthdays, and some frustration with the winter weather not allowing a focused training. (All of these by their own shouldn’t have been a problem, two might have been tricky, three was just too much.) The result was way too much eating way too often, and also some pretty reckless indulgences. Not good at all.

At least I’m back on track now. The last week of February was going well and I had a great race last week. I hope to get into the lower 87s by the end of March, but I’m not sure how I’m going to react to my first ever training camp – a week of cycling focus on Mallorca (or Majorca which seems to be the English version of the name). I’m really looking forward to some better weather and a chance for some big training volume, but I have no idea what influence that will have on my weight. Hopefully I can lean out a bit more.

I’m getting a bit sick of this constant struggle, and I can totally understand the problems of people that have to loose weight for health reasons. Still, for them it’s a question of good health, for me it’s a question of good performance. I think I can do way better in my IM this summer than last time, and I know that weight will play an important role in that. Now if only I can get some decent training volume started …

No comments:

Post a Comment