Tuesday, June 16, 2009

QuickNews: Vättern

Made it safely back home after the trip to Sweden.

The trip was really nice and I enjoyed the three days of it. All six of us completed Vätternrundan without too many problems. It was raining quite hard for the first few hours and I was quite miserable and cold. Luckily, the shaking stopped once one of my friends gave me an extra jacket he was carrying with him. After that, I didn’t have any problems.

We all took the ride really relaxed, stopped at every aid station and ate and drank a lot. All in all, it took us 15 hours to complete the 300k ride, but at least four hours of it was spent in the aid stations. May ergomo took some water and stopped working after 160k (with some strange behavior until then), so I can only guess my average – probably between 28.5 and 29 km/h.

More details and pictures in the next days.

No comments:

Post a Comment