Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nice relaxing weekend

Just came back from a long weekend in Denmark. My parents have been spending their vacation there for years, and this year was no different. They rent a beach house (sounds more impressive than it actually is), and family gets a chance to visit them over the weekend. All it takes is a three to four hour drive ..

We had a chance to spend an extra day on Monday, and we spent the weekend with my wife, my parents and my cousin’s family. We had great weather, got a ton of sun (including a sunburn) and went swimming a couple of times in the ocean.

I also managed to get two runs in. (Sorry – no pictures.) The first one was an hour with my cousin. He usually starts a bit faster than me, but doesn’t have that much endurance. So when we starting running through the dunes and on the beach after 20 minutes, he suffered a little bit (but didn’t complain).

I also enjoyed my second run which was a solo run on Monday. My wife and my parents went shopping in the next town, and afterwards I ran home with most of the route directly on the beach.

 
(View of the beach from the light house at Blavand)

Running in the sand is different and quite a bit more exhausting, so I took things easy. It was getting hot and I was quite spent after the 75 minutes that the run took. Looking back, this was the longest run since mid-May when I ran Rennsteig ….

Next weekend, I’ve got a little local swim and run, so I guess I’ll have to get a swim session or two in .. haven’t done any swimming since last October!

One thing I was discussing with Mitch was that I need to move back to a balanced triathlon training after my vacation in August. This year I was in “single sport mode”, and that won’t be good enough getting ready for IM Germany. But for now, I’m just trying to enjoy the fitness I have and get some nice and cool stuff in. It works so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment