Thursday, July 2, 2009

Major Race for 2010: IM Germany

Yesterday (Wednesday), registration for IM Germany opened for a few spots. Last year, almost all (?) spots went away the day after the race at on-site registration. So this year, they were giving away 1.000 spots before the race. I assume that the rest of the spots will be handed out on-site and that there won’t be another chance for a registration through the web.

So I was anxious to get a slot on Wednesday. I even planned to take the morning off but that didn’t work out because of a meeting I had to go to at work from 9 to 10am. Luckily, registration opened at 10am .. but when I tried to access the registration site from work, I got error messages. They didn’t look like it was a problem with any site blocking, but as it still didn’t work after half an hour, I snuck out to the coffee shop to try their local wifi. Same result, so I needed to be a bit more patient.

After 90 minutes of building panic and retrying every few minutes, I managed to get to the registration page. Filled out the required info, gave them my credit card info and boom … I was in!

image

Seems I made it just in time, on their website they said they filled the 1.000 spots within 2 hours. So my main goal for next year is on the calendar now: IM Germany on July 4th, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment