Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Getting back to regular Running

After my recent injury, I’m slowly getting back into something that can be called training.

Last week (my first week back into running after almost three weeks of break, I did three runs. With 23 (Mo), 28 (Fr) and 40 minutes (Su), I didn’t break any training records, but I managed to run without any issues. The knee was okay, and it felt great to be able to get out of the door. Also, I’m way back on my sports podcasts, so I had to get back to running! It’s good to be back on the trails behind our house ..

Spring trail

.. even if it’s mostly dark when I manage to get running after work.

This week, I’ve managed to 48 minute runs on Monday and today (Wednesday). I’m sure I could have run faster and/or longer, but for now the goal has to get back to running on a regular basis. I hope to be able to get at least two, better three more runs in (each shorter than hour), and then to slowly increase the duration of the runs.

It’s always tricky to run around the Christmas holidays, but I should be able to get a few runs in. By the end of December I want to be back in shape to run a decent 10k race that’s on my schedule for New Year’s Eve. I’d like to be able to get a longer run (around 1.30h) in by then, but that is less important than regular running and a bit of faster running.

After all, there are more important goals for next year than just a 26k race I missed because of my injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment