Sunday, December 6, 2009

Planning training after injury

My injury is much better, but after some gentle reminders by my wife to be patient I’ve decided to give it a few more days. So maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sleeping by Sundaybrunch Photography. Photo by Sundaybrunch

In the meantime, I’ve been taken the time to get some extra r&r. After all, when I’m back in full training, there won’t be too many chances to sleep until noon (like I managed to do today). Not sure if I really need all that sleep or if I’ve gotten lazy.

As I can’t do any training, I’ve been reading up on how to plan for starting training again after an injury. As a rule of thumb, for every week of no training, I should expect about two weeks to “recover” any fitness I’ve lost. I haven’t done any training for more than two weeks now, so I can expect to require all of December to get back to the level I was at. I’m tentatively planning one of the New Year’s Eve races on December 31st, but that’s still a long way off and I haven’t managed to run a single step yet. Maybe I’ll better take another nap …

No comments:

Post a Comment