Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My knee likes Cycling!

After my recent problems in starting to run again, I figured that maybe cycling would be a better idea …

Guru-Crono-Pugh0051 by KevinSaunders.Photo by Kevin Saunders

In the information that I found cycling was quite often mentioned as a good rehab sport after a PCL injury. So I did my exercises as mentioned in the previous post, and when my knee felt better, I got out my bike (even the sun came out a bit!).

At first, I had a little bit of tightness at the top of my pedal stroke, but that was totally bearable and didn’t get any worse. 30 minutes were quite enough though, thank you. After one day of not doing much else than my exercises, I was confident I could tolerate another session today. A little bit longer (45 minutes), but this time it wasn’t the knee that made me end the session but rather the cold. (There is a foot of snow in the weather report for us and rather nasty and cold Easterly wind.)

This was much better than my previous tries of going out for a run. If I’m okay tomorrow morning, then I think I will try to end the year with a little jog. If my knee doesn’t complain after that, then I’m confident that I can get back to training in January. We’ll see how it goes …

No comments:

Post a Comment