Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Recovering from my injury .. planning for 2010

It’s been more than a week that I’ve hurt myself again. Apart from eating some Diclofenac pill, wearing a knee bandage and the occasional stretching I haven’t done any sports activity at all.

I’m still not completely healed, but the swelling in my knee is mostly gone and I can move around without thinking too much about my knee. Bending and extending is almost back to normal again and I’m optimistic that I can slowly start running again, depending on my schedule either tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday. Not much more than an easy 15 or 20 minute jog, but I’m getting anxious to get out of the door again.

In the meantime I’ve been on the phone with Mitch from CounterpartCoaching and we’ve been talking about my 2010 season plan. For December the main goal is to get back to regular training, so I don’t want to get too excited now writing about all my goals for 2010. Once I’m back doing my regular training, I’ll post some more details. For now all I’m going to say is that I want to PR in the half-marathon in late winter / early spring and have a decent Ironman in Frankfurt, “running the run”. That should be another PR (marathon within an IM .. currently at 4:36), maybe another one for the full IM (currently 11:58). A long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment