Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weighty Issues – December Update

After my funky, injury-plagued November and December, my weight plans have suffered a bit.

20080320_008 by radialmonster.Another photo by radialmoster.

Official Weigh-In January 5th

  • Weight: 89,3kg
  • Body Fat: 18,3%

This means that I have gained about three pounds since the end of October and that I can pretty much say good-bye to my original weight plans for this summer’s racing.

Updated Plan

While this setback is quite frustrating, other than time not much is lost. But it is important that I get back on track now. Now that my knee is almost back to normal and I can do some decent training again, it’s still quite realistic to reach my best Ironman racing weight ever (which was sub-85kg in 2007). But if I want to do that, I really have to “be good”. Good thing is that my wife and I have decided on a joint effort to eat well and healthy.

Rather than focus only on “loosing weight”, here’s a couple of secondary, but more specific goals:

  • Drink more water (rather than coffee/latte)
  • Portion control (one plate of pasta should be enough)
  • Eat more fruit and vegetables
  • No pigging out, try to go zero on sweets, cake & chocolate (one white chocolate santa claus is left and will survive till my IM in July!)
  • Try to follow a modified weight watchers plan at least 6 out of 7 days per week (modified with regards to increased training activity which ww does not really adapt to very well, so some more “good” carbs before/during/after sessions)

I hope that this will allow me to drop one kg per month. At the start hopefully a bit more, so my goal for end of January is to get under 88kg again. I hope that I can manage that! I’ll keep you posted …

No comments:

Post a Comment