Saturday, January 2, 2010

First sessions for 2010

Before I get started, I’d like to wish all readers of my blog (all two of them :-)) a Happy New Year!

Hafencity festival fireworks by askpang.Photo by askpang

The year started with a major cleanup of our basement. Three more or less full days of sorting stuff, putting lights into previously dark rooms, rearranging shelves, carrying stuff around .. pretty exhausting, but not exactly cross training sessions. Now we’re almost done, and that was certainly a good start of the year.

I also managed to get two nice relaxing training sessions in. Yesterday I took my bike for an easy 50 minute ride. It was really cold, and after I returned home it started to snow again. Now every street is covered with some slush .. not exactly great to ride, but it doesn’t look as if it’s going to melt away soon. So after the sun came out today, I went for the first run session of the year. My knee felt much better than the last time, and I finished without any pain after 30 minutes. This evening I don’t have any soreness, so I’m hoping that my knee is almost back to normal and I can ramp up the training again. If I feel good tomorrow morning, I’ll go for another run .. I hope I’m going to be okay after that! I’ll keep you posted …

No comments:

Post a Comment