Sunday, May 10, 2009

Last longer Run

Yesterday evening I went on my last longer run before Rennsteig. We had a busy day with shopping and friends over for a barbecue, so it was 8pm before I managed to get started. I was somewhat tired by then, but still wanted to get a last quality session in. As I had bagged my Tuesday faster run and I wanted to run 20k, I combined the two sessions, so I ran 20k with 8*4 Min faster segments.

During the run I did not feel good. I was burping a lot (the food had not quite settled, but it stayed down). Also, I realized I was pretty tired, so towards the end I was walking the hills and tried to take things a bit easier. Also, it was quite warm … I wasn’t a happy runner. But when I checked my splits afterwards, I realized I felt pretty bad, but was running really well.

So, another little bit of encouragement. I’ve decided to put a 60 Min cap on any running this week, probably just a few easy runs. I hope to be fully recovered by Saturday morning …

2 comments:

  1. I have been ill couple of weeks ill and out of running, but I feel fortunately better right now and I manage yesterday a long run (2:15 hours). Tomorrow will be the last short training before Rennsteig… I`m so excited :)

    I have one question for you: how do you wearing (long-short) in the race Saturday? The temperature maybe in the start +6C and in the finish +20C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Raivo: Hope you'll recover in time for the race! (Drop me an email - link on the right hand side - so I can give you my best wished in person before the start!)
    I plan to have my Camelbak with me. This will allow me to stash any extra clothes. I'll probably start with a long sleeve shirt unless it's getting really hot (not likely). If it's getting really cold and chilly (unlikely, ut there may be some rain), I might start with long tights. My wife and parents will be along the course, so I may be able to leave stuff with them.

    ReplyDelete