Saturday, May 23, 2009

Next official "race": Vättern-Rundan

Made some plans with my wife tonight and talked with her about my next race.

So: Next on my schedule is Vättern-Rundan on June 13th. It is a 300k bike event in Sweden around the largest lake in Sweden, Vättern:



It's not really a race per se (although a few people really race it), but more something "to finish". In order to be a "proper Swede", you have to finish this (and a couple of other events like the famous ski event Vasa-loppet) at least once in your lifetime.

There really is not enough time to properly prepare for it, but a large group of people from my club are going up there, and it'll be a good chance to enjoy this events with some friends and have a good time. It won't be a "goal" race with a certain time in mind. As I haven't done much cycling, I'll be happy to finish without major problems and enjoy myself while cycling for a couple of hours.

I've done this race twice before, and really liked it. I hope this time it'll be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment