Friday, May 15, 2009

Ready to run

The night before the race.
Always a little bit scary. Did I train enough? Did I do too much in the week before the race. Will I recover in time from the last har session? Did I eat enough? Too much? My head is spinning from what I could have done better .. or just different.
Over the years. I have learned to switch off these thoughts. This may be stuff for an analysis a week from now, but nothing to help me for tomorrow. Whatever has been done, cannot be changed. Whatever hasn't been done, has to wait for "next time".
All that is left is to catch some sleep and rest, and get my mind fired up to go running tomorrow for eight hours (or even longer). The quesy feeling in my stomach is just anticipation.
I'm so looking forward to tomorrow .. something non-runners will never understand - not even my wife and my family. But they'll still be there to support me, and will be be happy with me when I finish. I'm ready to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment