Sunday, May 3, 2009

Run recovery & first bike sessions

After the marathon, my focus for this week has been recovery. In running, all I did was three short & easy runs that I was able to complete without any problems. It seems that my legs have recovered well from Hamburg and that I think that running a marathon three weeks before my ultra is not going to have some adverse effects. But you never know until you do it, so I guess I’ll have to wait for the 60k mark to find out if I’m really well prepared. Still optimistic ;.)

As noted in my previous post, I was taking a few days off to get my bike ready for “spring”. I also managed to get the first bike sessions in. I like to go on bike sessions if there is no pressure to finish quickly because of other obligations. So it felt good to just go out and spin a bit. I can tell that my legs are not used to it, but I hope that they’ll get the hang of it pretty quickly – after all I’m still thinking of doing the Vätternrundan (300k bike) in the middle of June. Not sure if I’ll manage to get in bike shape by then, and I’m not going to worry it before Rennsteig.

Just two more weeks …

No comments:

Post a Comment