Friday, March 20, 2009

Excellent long run

Had a good long run today - 28,3k in just a bit under 2.40h.

I've come to believe that most of what makes these runs so difficult is in your mind. You have to be ready to "slog it out" for a few hours and behave acccordingly. So taking things easy at first, walking some of the hills in between, taking a sip from my camelbak here and there, eating a bit and so on. Even managed to crank out almost marathon pace towards the end without even trying hard. Really good, plus no heavy legs. I feel pretty good for "Hochbrückenlauf" on Sunday. Iäll write a bit more about the race if I find the time tomorrow.

Only thing that has been a bit annoying is that my Polar HRM seems to be going wild. Probably the battery in the HR strap is running low, maybe I should just replace it. Anyone know how to check it other than sending it in?

No comments:

Post a Comment