Sunday, March 22, 2009

Great race .. didn't think I could run that fast!

Today's race went great. I finished with a new course PR of 2.19.35, almost 30 seconds faster than last year. As I indicated in my race predictions yesterday, I am very happy with the time in general and with the fact that I was able to run that fast with all the training in my legs and almost no freshening up.

My legs felt great right from the start. I was cranking out 5ks between 23.30 and 24 minutes. Between 15k and 20k I even ran a sub-23. When I got to the bridge, I felt a bit flat anfd thought I had overpaced. But then I was able to run strong for the rest of the course. But it took me to 27k to know I could PR and the rest had to be raced all out to make it. Felt great to give all and get the PR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment