Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Nice Tempo Run

Today, I went for my "classic" Tuesday evening tempo run. It's almost 14k, which currently takes me between 1h15 and 1h20 and includes 8*4 faster minutes with one minute recoveries. The faster sections are done by feel, probably around half marathon pace. Recovery is a short walk to catch my breath and then an easy jog to get back to moving.

The way I do this is with the help of my iPod. On almost every run I listen to some music and a lot of podcasts. As IMTalk comes out on Tuesday morning my time, this is the one I usually listen to on Tuesday evenings. Using Audacity, I overlay the podcast with some interval instructions like "4 minutes hard", "one more minute", "one minute easy" and so on. With the new "AutoDuck" feature, this works really well. (Let me know in the comments if I should add some more info.)

The run went pretty well. I was quite exhausted at the end, but pushed it a bit in the last two harder sections. Quite happy with the run.

Tomorrow, I'll take a day off running (family day), Thursday will be another easy day. Friday I want to do a 28k run, Saturday easy, then there is a race on Sunday (almost 30k) that I want to run at about marathon pace. Starting to get a bit anxious ...

No comments:

Post a Comment