Sunday, March 29, 2009

Race went okay

My half-marathon race today went okay.

Yesterday, I went for an easy 30 minue run and was still feeling very flat. So I knew that I couldn't expect any miracles today (such as my first sub-1:30h). Also, tonight we switched to daylight savings time, and we went to a concert last night so I knew I wouldn't get much sleep. I was still hoping I could get close to my PR of 1.31.xx (but didn't want to jinx it by looking up the exact time).

Felt okay when warming up, and the first few k's were okay at about 4.15 min/k pace (on track for a PR). But then I quickly slowed a bit down to between 4.20 and 4.30 per k. I was still hoping to make up some ground in the second half, but I just didn't have the freshness .. whenever I wanted to go a bit faster to run up to someone or run with someone overtaking me, I just couldn't. Instead I slowed a bit down (second half was a minute slower than the first) and finished with a 1:34:09.

Based on how I was feeling the last few days, I'm okay with the result. I just wasn't fresh enough for the faster times I was hoping for. Hopefully, I'll recover a bit faster from this race and manage to get another solid block of training in.

No comments:

Post a Comment