Friday, April 24, 2009

Carboloading with Primavera Sauce

Took today off from work to collect my race package for Hamburg Marathon. If you're interested, I'm number 3617.

Two days before a race is my "carbo-loading day" - basically I have a large pot of pasta with sauce and eat as much as I can. I had some time on hand, so instead of using a "normal" store-bought tomato-sauce, I did my favourite Primavera Sauce with a bunch of cut up vegetables:
  • melt some butter
  • add an onion and sautee it for a few minutes
  • add celery stalks and carrots (about two or three each)
  • add two bell peppers (yellow/red for color)
  • add a zucchini and some asparagus (there is some fresh white one right now!)
  • add some milk and a bit of parsley, salt & pepper
  • let everything simmer while cooking the pasta
  • toss the sauce and the pasta, add some parmesan cheese
Delicious! Takes a while to get processed by my body, but I feel it really adds some zip for race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment