Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Race Morning - rough timeplan

As I'll be doing a big prep race on Sunday (Hamburg Marathon), I want to do things as close as possible to my real race at Rennsteig in not quite four weeks. So I've put a timeplan for race morning together:
  • 6:00am: Race start (they start really early start at Rennsteig!)
  • 4:45 - arrive at race site, then pick up race number and relax till start of race
  • 3:30 - leave from my friends (it's 160km, but mostly Autobahn and there shouldn't be too much traffic)
  • 2:30 - wake up, put on race clothes, start breakfast, continue eating while driving
  • 8:00pm - go to bed, get 6 hours of sleep
As Hamburg starts at 9am (a more regular time), I can move everything 3 hours forward (still a 5.30 wakeup). As the drive is a bit shorter, I'll have even more time on hand while at the race site. I'll better bring a good book ...

Here's what I plan to have for breakfast:
  • 3 scrambled eggs
  • 4 slices of toast/white bread with honey, nutella, sausage, cheese
  • glass of orange juice, coffee with milk
  • apple, banana
  • maybe a yoghurt
This is basically the same breakfast I've been using for my IMs and it's worked quite well. About a thousand calories, and good enough quality to take some time to digest and give me power over the day. My stomach seems to be handling it okay, I haven't run into any problems so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment