Saturday, April 11, 2009

Long long run

After a big family meal I managed to get out for a really long long run. Went for 3 1/2 hours in very nice sunshine (short/short). Didn't feel too good during all the time (guess my stomach was still busy digesting the meal), but was going nonetheless. Didn't feel miserable, and it was good to realize I could continue without feeling worse. In the past, too often I was feeling either great or like sh!§. So that was encouraging.

Took my cell phone and shot a few pics of the scenery:


Trail starting right behind my house.


One of a lot of lakes around Reinfeld (usually the result of damming the creeks). @Nigel: Notice the swans! ;-)


It's tricky to get a feeling for how steep these trails get from the photo. But running is almost impossible - at least it's not faster than power walking.


An old ammo storage shelter back from the Cold War. Has been converted and is now used as a bat retreat (not kindding).


The last rays of sunshine for the day ( 2 1/2 hours into the run). Had to put on a long sleeve shirt pretty soon after.



Almost home ...

Gotta be a bit short .. need to get another run in!

No comments:

Post a Comment