Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Goals for Hamburg

I'm running Hamburg Marathon this Sunday as my last prep race for Rennsteig. Here are my goals for this race:
  • last test-run for equipment, clothes etc.
  • practice restraint (I'll be running a bit quicker than at Rennsteig, but running 5.30 k's will still require some restraint with all the people around me.)
  • run while eating and drinking (eat as planned for Rennsteig, even when running a bit faster - a Cliff bar and a bag of ClifShots during the race), take time at aid stations
  • enjoying myself and the race - shoot a couple of pics!
  • try to run sub 4h (pace at 5.30 min/k - 27.30 to 28 Min for 5k)

Here's the equipment I plan to use:
  • clothing - short tights, running T-shirt, plus long sleeve shirt for first section (later stuff into Camelbak), usual socks
  • shoes (my standard long run Brooks Adrenaline)
  • Camelbak (with 2 liters of fluid and food as mentioned above, plus toilet paper)
  • my usual Polar HRM and strap (no GPS available ;-))
  • cellphone (for info and camera)
  • iPod (in case I need some more entertainment)
I'm not going to use a hat or sunglasses (unless wheather changes dramatically).

No comments:

Post a Comment