Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's getting hot in Germany

Only managed to squeeze in 1:28h of running today .. Easter is a busy time! Need to do more than 2h tomorrow to manage to run more than 73k (the Rennsteig distance) over these three days.

The sun was out in full force today. As I didn't have much time to run, I did not take any hydration with me .. mistake! Towards the end I was getting really hot and a sip of water would have been great. I didn't feel to good today, was still tired from yesterday and had to walk a bit to keep from getting too tired. Still, my pace was pretty good, even if it didn't feel very fast.

We've got another family event tonight - our tradional Easter egg eating contest. The record from quite some years back is 20 eggs. (Yes, that is cooked chicken eggs.) I'll stop at ten tonight. Then we'll have our parents over tomorrow for lunch (turkey!). If I can run with all that in my stomach tomorrow afternoon (and ~25k at that), at least my stomach should be in shape for Rennsteig. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I`ll hope you got 73 km on this weekend. I did 1:30 and 3:40 myself.
    My main goal is to cover each week one long run – minimum 30 km. Fortunately trails are finally dry and runnable. I read that in you got today +22 degrees – totally hot :)

    I notice that want to cover Hamburg Marathon before the RACE and your goal is sub 4 hours. Do you take it like training run or you want to compete as well? I ask it because you have put your Rennsteiglauf goal to sub 8 hours (2 times longer).

    I personally think that I have to take my marathon time and multiple it to at least 2,2-2,3 to get my Rennsteiglauf maximum goal. I read somewhere that normal Rennsteiglauf pace = marathon pace + 2 minutes/km.

    What`s your opinion?
    Happy vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Raivo: Hamburg will be a long training run, but with a "focused" pace goal. My marathon PR is 3:29, so sub 4h should be possible without going "all out". I ran another marathon at the end of February in 4:07 which was okay.
    I'm working on a post with my race predicitions, just want to do a bit more research before posting it. 4h (for Hamburg) and 8h (for Rennsteig) are a bit arbitrary, I just happen to like "round numbers" ...

    ReplyDelete