Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recovering

After last weekends race I'm still in recovery mode. As the week before the race I was pretty trashed as well, I'm trying to make extra sure that I bounce back and do not put myself in a hole. So I'm taking things extra easy this week.

Went for a super easy walk run (mainly to get my bike from the train station) last evening without any problems. But I've noticed that the "tiredness" usually hits me a few days after the race rather than right away. So I'm trying to get some extra sleep and not do anything stupid like stuffing myself with "bad" food. Managed quite well so far.

I'm hoping to bounce back by the weekend. Would like to do three runs on Friday/Saturday / Sunday, but not a real long run (each run shorter than 1.30h or so). When I manage that without being totally pooped on Sunday, I should be okay. Need to get some bigger effort done on the Easter weekend, that is more or less the last chance to get some decent volume in before Rennsteig. I'll post a rough outline of what I want to do until then a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment