Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shortened long run & Have I really gained a kilo?

Shortened my long run a bit. Wanted to do 26k, but felt sluggish after a long day at work. Had to stop twice for a solid bio break, and even after the sun was shining the whole day, I still got cold hands when the sun started to come down - no good signs. So I cut the run to almost 20k, and felt better once I was on the shortened route. Pace was okay, I just didn't feel to good. But I'm still pretty confident for Sunday's marathon.

One bad thing is that I have actually gained 1kg of body weight while on vacation. My weight is usually screwed up for the first few days after a long trip, but it should have normalized by now. So I'm a bit frustrated, but it seems that I didn't eat good enough - coupled with no training. Dang. As I'm still a bit over my planned race weight (and a lot above my "ideal" race weight), this is a bit of concern. But "weight issues" is probably an issue for another (longer) post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment